II Corinthians 5: 14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. 16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them.
Put to the test…that’s how I feel right now after a week of news about mail bombs, race motivated shootings, upcoming elections and a border “wall” of young military. This is a test and the answers seem to be multiple choice : nationalist or globalist, right wing or left wing, guns or no guns, justice or evil, hate or love, any means to an end or no end in sight. This test is not asking the right questions at all and the answers are not really multiple choice. My prayers are compelled by my fear of flunking the test because the choices offered are so opposite of this Scripture. Lord, I beg you give us new questions* with choices based on your absolute truth and real answers compelled by your Word and Christ’s love.
- Did God really say . . . ?” Genesis 3:1
- Where are you?” Genesis 3:9
- Am I my brother’s keeper” Genesis 4:9
- Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?” Genesis 18:25
- Are you still maintaining your integrity? Job 2:9
- How can a young person stay on the path of purity?” Psalm 119:9
- Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” Matthew 18:21
- What shall I do then with Jesus?” Matthew 27:22
- Who do you say I am?” Matthew 16:15
- What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?” Mark 8:36
- Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” Luke 18:18
- If God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31
*Question source: gotquestions
No matter how hard the test is, the real answer to every question has to be “for Christ’s love compels us…Lord help us all. Lord help me!